Sunday July 17th we are in 'official' labor. Miss Donna and her assistant, Sara, arrive at 5:00 p.m.. I am dilated to 5-6 and decide that I want to walk. I head down the road with Dad and the boys on bikes to go in search of yet even more wildflowers. We walk, I pick, I breath, and we enjoy the outside air. The wildflowers are so beautiful and it is good to be outside. The midwifes only suggestion is that I squat through my contractions, which I cannot bring myself to do. That doesn't sound fun at all! At somewhere around 6:30 we head back in and and Mom fixes dinner for kids. I am progressing although I start to feel like I should be further into this at this point. More breathing. As the evening goes by I start to feel extremely tired in between contractions. I have only done this with Sidon, completely fall asleep right after each contraction. I am feeling frustrated at myself for falling asleep, I can sleep AFTER I have this baby! That sounds like the reasoning of a woman in transition doesn't it?! I ask Donna to break my water and the relief that brings is very welcome. Contractions intensify and are coming very close now. I am able to push a little now and this is the very first time I have ever watched my stomach disappear! My timeline is a little fuzzy because it felt like it took forever to push but it really went quickly. Baby arrives at 12:08 a.m., Monday July 18th, 2011!! And it is a GIRL!! She held out just long enough to make sure she and Sidon would always share a birthday! Tulee Bell Green weighs in at 8 lbs. 2 oz. and 21 inches long. She is gorgeous and truly a surprise, her Dad was sure that she was a boy and I have to say that I agreed! I nurse her right away and she takes to it like all of my babies have, like a pro. My heart is full of love for this sweet girl, so so so so glad that she is here!!!
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Tulee Bell Green.................
Posted by Missy Lou at 8:45 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment