Yesterday Sawyer brought me a book and said 'I want to read this to you, by myself.' He sat on my bed and proceeded to sound out every word with very little help from me. I quietly listened as my oldest child who still seems like he should be so little read me a book. As he turned the last page and realized that he had finished an entire book he looked at me, smiled and then started to cry. He is truly my child! We come from a long line of happy cryers. Throughout the day he would ask me, 'Mom, can you believe it? I know how to read!'. To be honest, I can't believe it. He is so quickly becoming a big kid. Sawyer is my tender-hearted, always hungry, mostly encouraging, very observant, always questioning, Smed! That will never change.
Sunday, March 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yay! I am so excited for Sawyer! Tell him how proud we are of him! I had much the same reaction when Luciana first read a book, there is something about your kid reading that is so big, wonderful and amazing, it just makes your heart swell. Go Sawyer!!!
I think this post should have a warning for other criers out there-I was not prepared for this story and must now go fix my make-up. I am torn between happiness for Sawyer and what a big kid he is and sadness that, that first little baby of yours is now a big kid. Imagine what a wreck I'll be with my own!
much love-Cassy
I have to admit that I got a little teary eyed about it too. He is such a neat kid to be around. So sensitive, but still all boy.
How many days did you say he missed of school the week before??? You'd never know it!
Post a Comment