BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, December 31, 2007

Christmas


We had a very fun Christmas and although these pictures are posted a bit late I thought they were fun to share. Craig usually brings home a tree the week before Christmas but this year he has been logging on the hillside that was burned in September. He took the Sawyer and Sidon with him on Christmas Eve and found one of the last 'green' fir trees on the mountain. He didn't think that I would appreciate a black one and he would have been right. It had been snowing and cold so our tree had frozen chunks of snow that had to be melted in the house or we would not have a tree on Christmas morning. This is what I like to call 'making memories' and it turned out to be alot of fun! We pulled out all of our beach towels and let the tree rain on the boys for awhile. We obviously got our tree decorated and had a good time doing it. We only had one mishap, after opening presents Maggie somehow tipped the tree over on herself. It was fairly tramatic and there were a few tears but it was quickly forgotten with stocking candy!










Craig got the boys slot cars but I think he has always wanted them for himself!

2 comments:

Krissi said...

I think slot cars were always meant for the dads, not the kids. We had them when I was little and it was surly my dad's toy, not ours! My nephew got some this Christmas too, and it's the same case in that house!

melissa said...

that look on molly's face in the last pic is priceless! I just fall more and more in love with digital photography and blogging..it's so fun to keep up with everyone this way! I have been thinking of you and planning everyday to call you..you know how it can be...maybe I can catch you tomorrow :)
Your cmas tree trauma with maggie made me laugh..probably not funny at the moment but it makes a great story!